Job at World Health Organization (WHO) :Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Officer – (1901620) (Deadline: 16 April 2019)
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Officer – (1901620)
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 12 months
: Apr 2, 2019, 2:59:20 PM
: Apr 16, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
: AF_RWA Rwanda
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the guidance of Technical Officer in Charge of Reproductive health and Human Rights, the position will contribute to support WHO/Country Office to address preventable maternal morbidity and mortality, through timely and effective implementation of WHO- Reproductive health and Human Rights services in order to accelerate the achievement of SDGs targets: 3.1, 5.6, and 3.7 by 2030:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the WHO Representative and the technical Officer in Charge of SRHR, the incumbent will provide expert leadership and capacity building of the national institutions for prevention and management of preventable maternal morbidity and mortality in particular from abortion. In Addition to the work with the MOH and other social ministries which sexual reproductive health in their attribution, the incumbent is expected to engage with a range of implementing partners including UN agencies, non UN Organizations and others in order to increase access to reproductive health and rights services. If necessary, he/she will also liaise with the Technical Unit in AFRO and in IST/Harare.The incumbent will provide continuous technical support to national institutions; specifically, the incumbent’s work shall involve the following technical areas:
- Development of capacities of national institutions at different levels and partnerships for mainstreaming SRHR with an emphasis on prevention and management of teenage pregnancy and abortion;
- Development, adaptation and use of appropriate technical SRHR guidelines and tools (pre-services and in services);
- Development and implementation of the national SRHR roadmap and innovation strategies;, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and ensure linkage with UHC
- Scaling up of Sexual and Reproductive (SR) interventions and building capacity of concerned ministries; Monitoring/evaluation and collect, analyze information to document good practices in the area of producing regularly report on SRHR in the country;
- Conduct operation research to identify SR priorities and address implementation challenges in order to make a positive impact on populations through building stronger and more responsive systems;
- Strengthening partnership and collaboration with all involved stakeholders;
- Represent WHO in SRHR / FP and gender technical working groups;
- Perform other duties assigned by WR.
Essential: University degree in Medicine with postgraduate degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
Desirable: Masters in public health or Epidemiology” with experience in Sexual Reproductive health and management of abortion.
- At least 5 years’ clinical services experience with experience in supporting reproductive health and maternal health programs, including work on preventing safe abortion.
- Good knowledge of key multi-sectorial interventions to address sexual reproductive health and human rights;
- Ability and experience to prepare and conduct trainings to address sexual reproductive health and human rights;
- Experience in programme evaluation
- Previous experience working for/with WHO or other UN and non-Government organizations;
Use of language skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Desirable: knowledge of French is an added value
- Ability to organize and facilitate training sessions to address Sexual reproductive health, prevention and management of abortion;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prepare and disseminate reports in time
- Data management and computer skills in word processing and electronic communication technology.