Job at World Vision International (Rwanda) : CORE Project Manager (Deadline: 08 August 2018)
CORE PROJECT MANAGER
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of CORE Project Manager. The position will be based in Rusizi District and reporting to the Regional Manager (West).
Purpose of the position:
The role of Core Project manager is to provide overall technical and managerial leadership on the development & implementation of strategies, financial management, project management, and monitor the implementation and all administrative and human resource management of the CORE project and other WVR projects in both Rusizi and Nyamasheke.
The major responsibilities include:
Provide Strategic leadership& Management to CORE project and other projects in the Districts.
- Provide strategic direction and priorities based on project goal and WV National strategy and its commitment to the improvement of community wellbeing.
- Direct, coordinate and support the successful development, dissemination, roll-out and monitoring of Core project plans and implementations in Rusizi and Nyamasheke districts.
- Provide effective leadership to staff within the Core Project and other projects to effectively deliver in their districts and achieve the set targets as per the Project Plan;
- Communicate the organization’s Visionary plans to the team and coordinate the delivery of the same;
- Ensure that local level programming contributes to national and county level sector strategy
- Ensure integration of cross-cutting themes.
- Ensure and strengthening partnership with local government and other partners
- Ensure successful development and roll out of plans, budgets, and M&E tools which are aligned to the Core project and National Office strategy
- Coordinate the DME roles of the M&E specialist under the project to ensure the quality of DM&E processes
- Ensure quality and learning in implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of WVR and donor program interventions.
- Ensure of the development of appropriate tools for methodological approaches, technical guidelines, training/capacity building, DME support and accompanying business processes
- Implement Internal controls and ensure compliance with WV requirements, controls, and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports according to LEAP, donor, and WVR standard and submit timely
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
- Monitor project activities in accordance with the project milestones, working collaboratively with DME staff.
- Monitor staff attendance and manage all People and Culture related task at the project level
- Ensure Christian Values, activities, devotion and church relations achieve optimum attention and commitment by all staff within the project level
- Provide continuous leadership and guidance to project staff through coaching and mentoring
Accountability, Assets and Finance Management
- Manage project assets and Finance as per policy/standards
- Lead the procurement and logistics as per WV procedures
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualification required: Master’s degree in business administration, Project management, economics, development studies and Agriculture with at least with 5 years of experience in sponsorship and grant-funded projects, or an equivalent Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ experience in Grants management working in a large NGO/UN
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Ability to demonstrate the following desired knowledge, skills, technical capacity and professional competency
- Proven experience in management of SIDA, KOICA or USAID Grants and sponsorship projects
- Business-oriented mindset and strong negotiation skills
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda, French added advantage
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Certified in project management and experience in project monitoring, evaluation and report writing is essential
- Must be familiar with economic development models e.g. Business Facilitation, VSLA, Value chain development, economic villages and off-farm business.
- Experience with development project management tools such as logframes, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
- Experience in supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity and ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NGO Code of Conduct.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Working experience in community development
- Experience in off-farm business and market systems approaches
- Strong experience in partnering and networking
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
N:B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is August 8, 2018; no late applications will be accepted
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks