Job at World Vision International (Rwanda) : Program officer (Deadline: 13 April 2017)
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Program Officer. The position will be based in Kigali and reporting to the
Integrated Programs Director.
Purpose of the position:
To provide a broad range of executive and program support to the Integrated Programs Director and to manage overall coordination of staff activities and technical assistance that supports the office. To contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of WV Rwanda by researching, evaluating, analyzing information and presenting alternatives to the Integrated Programs Director for decision making. Ensure integration of all grants with WVR sponsorship and other programs as appropriate. Build relationships with potential partners and develop platform for regular information sharing with all stakeholders. To communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrates a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include:
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- A good communicator
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal training, self-education, and prior experience or on the job training Minimum Qualification required:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Economic Development, Agricultural sciences, or any other field related to development. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge on Sustainable Community Development, Micro enterprise development, Food and nutrition security, HIV & AIDS and Education.
- Must possess demonstrable experience in networking and building relationships across different strata of society.
- Requires extreme confidentiality (critical), cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- High command of the English language (both oral and written) is a requirement.
- Must be a mature Christian, with people skills and committed to socio- economic and psycho – spiritual development.
- Must be computer literate and competence in database utilization is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years work experience in implementation of development projects
- Two years project management experience
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability in office management of large organizations.
- Be a committed Christian and supportive of WV Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Be a mature person trustworthy and reliable.
- Proven ability to organize, file and retrieve documents easily.
- Proven computer and secretarial skills.
- Demonstrated good work relationships with colleagues.
- Adhere to child protection policy and WV Code of Conduct.
- Be available, flexible and committed to quality service
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected](no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 13th April 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks