Job at World Vision International (Rwanda): Project Facilitator (FRL & EGA) PROJECT (Deadline: 05 July 2017)
PROJECT FACILITATOR (FRL&EGA) PROJECT
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Project Facilitator. The position will be based in various districts and reporting to the Project Manager for (FRL&EGA Project).
Purpose of the position:
Facilitate the implementation of Forest Landscape Restoration project activities in the District covered by the Project and ensuring that program operations are effective and sustainable in keeping with the standards of agreed WVI ministry policies.
The FLR Project Facilitator will insure the implementation of FLR Project activities and their integration within covered WV Clusters.
The major responsibilities include:
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization on FLR, Agro-forestry and Environment Conservation,
- Plan, coordinate and monitor field level trainings of selected CBOs,
- Conduct regular field visits, according to a calendar to be agreed with the Project Manager, to monitor progress of extension agents’ activities, using and adapting appropriate monitoring tools and guidelines agreed upon with the PM
- Provide regular documentation of field activities,
- Develop FLR related Income Generating activities with selected CBOs implementing Forest Landscape Restoration,
- Assist support and monitor establishment of Voluntary Saving and Loan Groups and other beneficiary groups in the operational area,
- Participate in Implementation, monitoring of development projects in collaboration with other partners in the operational area
- Participate in Proposal Writing for Development projects and other Special projects
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports and plans to the FLR Project Manager and Cluster Manager,
- Participate in community and other partners meetings
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Must have a degree in Agro-forestry, Agriculture, Development Studies, Economic Development or any other field related to development.
- Should have at least two years successful experience in agro-forestry, forestry, agriculture, environment protection, rural development, microfinance, agriculture extension services or cooperative programs;
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- A good understanding of the agriculture sector, agro forestry, natural resources management; cooperative management, and entrepreneurship;
- Familiar with recent rural development models such as FFS, VSLA, Value chain development,
- Proven skills in community mobilization and reporting;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Sustainable Community Development, Micro enterprise development and Nutrition is an added advantage.
- Must be willing to spend long hours in the field.
- Must possess demonstrable experience in networking and building relationships across different strata of society.
- Excellent knowledge of English (both oral and written) and Kinyarwanda is a requirement.
- Must be a mature Christian, with people skills and committed to socio- economic and psycho – spiritual development.
- Should be computer literate in word, excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of database utilization is an added advantage.
- Must be willing to learn
- Should be a team player.
- Must be Rwandan by nationality.
- Should have a valid motorcycle driving permit class A.
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected](no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 5th July, 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks