Job in Girl Effect Rwanda: Online Creative Manager (Deadline: 26 March 2018)
Online Creative Manager
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of the Ni Nyampinga digital and social media content strategy, in conjunction with the Strategy and Insights team, to ensure that Ni Nyampinga has a consistent and creative digital presence reflecting its position as Rwanda’s leading youth media brand, with specific responsibility for growth of reach and engagement on Ni Nyampimga’s social platforms
- Lead on the development of all digital and social media creative assets with responsibility for world-class design and overall brand consistency across all platforms.
- Be in charge of managing a portfolio of freelancers who will support the development of world-class digital content creation for all Ni Nyampinga platforms
- Be the voice of Ni Nyampinga on social media, writing posts, responding to the audience and engaging social influencers in Ni Nyampinga’s social conversation.
- Work with the Content and Editorial team to develop online editorial content ensuring the ongoing development and execution of innovative and engaging multi-media content across all digital platforms
- Lead on the moderation of Ni Nyampinga social media platforms
- Support in providing input to wider Ni Nyampinga activities as required
Who You Are
- You possess creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- You are creative and are up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premier etc.)
- You are culturally aware: curious and sensitive about the culture in which we are operating;
- You have the ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- You have photography and video production skills:
- You are curious and perceptive: able to work well with insights and observation;
- You are adaptable: able to work in complex, unfamiliar environments and deal with busy periods
- Excellent planning, project management, critical analysis and thinking skills – able to think clearly and logically;
- You are positive, energetic, resourceful, with a can-do attitude;
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda;
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Deadline to apply – Monday March 26th, 2018.