Jobs at RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD :Chief Accountant ( Deadline: 09 May 2018)
– Perform financial analysis and reporting to REB management.
– Coordinate with finance Unit staff to carry out all accounting tasks within the official deadlines.
– Work with finance unit accountants to generate financial reports a stipulated by law for management to review before forwarded to the concerned authorities
– Respond to accounting queries from management as they come in.
– Provide guidance to the accounts staff in accountancy matters.
– Perticipate in REB budget preparation .
– Monitor expenditures, revenues and determine budget variances and report to management
– Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary help.
– To perform any other duties requested by management
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management with specialisation in Finance/Accounting with 2 years working experience. Accounting Professional Qualification recognised by IFAC (ACCA, CPA).
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
– Knowledge to analyse complex financial information & Produce reports;
– Deep understanding of financial accounts;
– Planning and organisational skills;
– Communication skills;
– Strong IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS);
– Judgment & Decision Making skills;
– High Analytical skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Time management skills;
– Complex Problem solving;
– Flexibility skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.