Jobs at RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD : Director of Finance Unit (Deadline :09 May 2018)
• Coordinating, consolidating and analysing plans, forecasts, projections across the whole REB at the consolidated level.
• Development of standardised P&L and Balance Sheet monthly, quarterly and annual management reports of actual results. These reports are then made available to the decision support and the business for drill down, analysis, projections, interpretation and commentary.
• Submission of these management reports to corporate finance, ensuring integrity in the interpretation and commentary provided to support the submission.
• Engaging with decision support to institute and operationalise plans to improve REBperformance based on the output of this reporting.
• Producing consolidated monthly projections against forecast, plan and prior periods.
• Providing and maintaining daily flash reports – to perhaps incorporate certain rolled up commentary on variances and explanations of assumptions (including identification of economic, cultural, industrial and political as well as business specific factors
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Specialized in Finance/Accounting with 3 years of working experience. Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) with 1 year of working experience.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s financial management standards and procedures;
– Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting;
– Knowledge of Management of Material Resources;
– Knowledge of supply chain management;
– Knowledge of Rwanda Public Financial Law;
– Leadership and management skills;
– Planning and organisational, Budgeting skills;
– Communication skills;
– Strong IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS);
– Time management skills;
– Interviewing skills;
– Judgment & Decision making skills;
– Complex Problem solving;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.