Jobs at RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD :Hosting Platform Senior Engineer (Deadline: 09 May 2018)
– Responsible of designing and maintaining website for Education Sector;
– Monitor and update of web
– server for all learning , teaching, and teacher management platforms of REB;
– Keep abreast of the latest development and best practices in hosting platforms and facilitate their integration in the REB systems;
Integration of diffrent learning and teaching platforms
integration of open source learning and teaching platforms with existing learning and teaching platforms
Together with cloud solution specialt, ensure that cloud based platforms have a systems of revory and backup, and security.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years of working experience and Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (NET), LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s ICT Policies and Strategies as well as National ICT Policy;
– Deep Understanding of information technology and telecommunications;
– Capacity to research and analyse technology problems, issues, and program requirements;
– Knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Communication skills;
– Negotiation skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills;Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.