Jobs at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY : ballistic and tool mark officer ( Deadline:01 Jun 2018 )
• Reviews case worksheets, printouts, controls, reagent log, prepares reports on completed cases, and follows up on consultation with discrepancies or problems;
• Determines client service priorities and ensures laboratory staff is providing timely excellent service;
• Creates, maintains, and reviews standard operating procedures (SOPs), designing appropriate validation studies as needed;
• Recommends and implements procedures and protocol changes in consultation with the division manager;
• Interpret, implement and monitor compliance to all accrediting and regulatory agencies;
• Maintains communication with professional accreditation and regulatory agencies;
• Perform routine maintenance and quality control checks of lab equipments;
• Conduct peer reviews on each other’s findings this can include retesting samples and double
– checking the findings reports of other analysts;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
Bachelor of science in physics, mathematics or forensic science
“Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required;
– Able to upkeep lab cleanliness and safety compliance;
– Able to operate analytical instruments;
– Capable to assist specialists in experimentation.