Jobs at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY : Digital officer (01 jun 2018 )
• Manage reagents with particular attention to timeliness;
• Follow strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures;
• Assist on procurement and raising Purchase Request;
• Preserve the chain of custody or chain of evidence within unit;
• Compiles and signs reports from analysis performed within the unit;
• Advising investigators on the availability and reliability of digital evidence
• Working with investigators to acquire digital evidence through onsite & lab searches
• Conducting examinations of digital evidence and preparing evidence for trial
• Conducting interviews and taking statements in relation to computer evidence
• Uncover digital data (such as e
– mail correspondence or erased files),
• preserve digital data for later use as evidence,
• Analyse the data in light of the crime in question
• Search for vulnerabilities in the computer network system in order to patch or repair them in order to safeguard the system against illegal hackers.
• Appear in court as expert witness if requested;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior
Bachelor degree in IT, ICT, computer engineering, computer science or information security.
“Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Able to upkeep lab cleanliness and safety compliance;
– Able to operate analytical instruments;
– Capable to assist specialists in experimentation.