Jobs at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY : IT Support specialist (Deadline :01 Jun 2018 )
• To elaborate the policy and the master plan in ICT of RFL;
• To monitor rational utilization of ICT equipment of RFL;
• To supervise the acquisition and/or initiate the production and the installation of software that respond to specific needs of RFL;
• To provide assistance to users of computer tools of RFL, sharing and utilization of new information and communication technology;
• To provide technical advisory services to RFL in the area of ICT;
• To organize, control and ensure physical and virtual security of the database of RFL;
• To establish and execute the annual plan on the monitoring of the computer network in RFL;
• To assist the printing and publication service in updating information an its posting on the web;
• To identify needs of computer and ICT materials and equipment to process and disseminate the information.
• To assist users by giving practical advice on the maintenance of software programmers;
• To ensure security of the ICT network by protecting equipment and software from virus attack, physical destruction threats and even other degradation or /and damage risks.
• To monitor efficient functioning of Lab equipment and materials of RFL ;
• To control and evaluate the quality of maintenance services of Lab equipment and materials rendered by service providers ;
• To identify needs in consumables and spare parts of Lab equipment and materials ;
• Produce reports on activities related to the maintenance of ICT equipment and on the mechanical state;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
Masters degree IT,Computer engineering, ICT and computer science with 3 years working experience.
Key technical skills and knowledge required
– Communication skills
– Organizational skills
– Problem solving
– Project management
– Microsoft Windows
– Research & development
– Customer service