Jobs at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY : Pathology specialist (Deadline: 01 Jun 2018)
• Perform laboratory examinations;
• Attend crime scene to protect, collect, package and Process samples if assigned by the superior;
• Involved cataloguing and calibrate analytical instrumentation on a routine basis for analyzing samples;
• Manage reagents with particular attention to timeliness;
• Follow strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures;
• Assist on procurement and raising Purchase Request;
• Preserve the chain of custody or chain of evidence within unit;
• Compiles and signs reports from analysis performed within the unit
• Appear in court as expert witness if requested;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
Master’s degree in medicine. Minimum of 2 years experience in in related field.
” Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Ability to direct and coordinate staff within forensic pathology Unit;
– Able to examine evidence related to pathology analysis;
– Capable to perform technical and administrative reviews of other specialists’ casework and produce reports;
– Able to interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product;
– Able to assist in the evaluation of new procedures and techniques for possible laboratory implementation;
– Capable to testify in court of law as expert witness.