Jobs at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY :Public Relations and Communication (01 jun 2018
• To make RFL known throughout the community by informing the public about chapter meetings and activities;
• To make a continuing effort to see that newspaper editors and radio/television producers receive and understand the facts, and RFL’s position, on controversial issues;
• To respond to unfair and unbalanced news stories pertaining to RFL;
• To be alert to opportunities to sign up new members and Publicize any chapter recruitment activities;
• Get to know the opinion leaders in your community: editors, business persons, educators, organizations;
• Take part in public service programs on radio and television, and on “talk shows” dealing with subjects on which you or one of your members are expert;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations or Journalism , communication
and international relations.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Report writting and presentation skills
– Computer skills
– Creativity and initiative
– Good organisational and time
– management skills
– Teamworking skills
– Effective public relations and public speaking skills
– Interviewing skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.