Project assistant job post at The Rwandan Association of Women in Science and Engineering (RAWISE) (Deadline: 02nd April 2021)
The Rwandan Association of Women in Science and Engineering (RAWISE) is recruiting a
In the project
“Understanding gender imbalances in STEM fields in secondary education in Rwanda” (2021)
RAWISE, the Rwandan Association of Women in Science and Engineering is an association of Rwandan women who aim to promote female participation in science, technology, engineering, and decision-making processes.
In December 2020, in partnership with Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) and VVOB education for development, RAWISE coordinates a project entitled “Understanding gender imbalances in STEM fields in secondary education in Rwanda”. The project has as its focus on assessing perceptions on STEM in secondary school students in Kayonza district and studying the influence of these perceptions on enrollment in STEM by taking into account possible gendered differences. It also identifies influencing factors.
The project is valid until 31st December 2021.
In this context, RAWISE is currently looking for a Project Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of the project.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager in project related activities to ensure the provision of quality administrative and logistical support to the RAWISE, KU Leuven and VVOB team. The Project Assistant will directly report to the Project manager and to RAWISE finance manager for each Intermediate Result (IR).
The purpose of the function of Project Assistant is to:
- Draft invitation letters and send them to participants directly or through the partners.
- Organize meeting venues and make booking as and when necessary.
- To be a contact person related to meeting arrangements with taskforce and local partners.
- Prepare payment list for workshop/training.
- Prepare logistics for field trips and other activities.
- Print, copy and distribute all necessary documents, including hand-outs.
- Buy necessary materials for all meetings, workshops, events, etc. according to financial guidelines.
- Prepare and process financial and administrative documents in line with the KU-Leuven RAWISE contract agreements.
- Assist in the taking minutes of meetings, reports.
- Filling payments data forms.
- Manage the provision of necessary justification pieces for bookkeeping.
- Prepare a first draft report by the end of the project (31/12/2021)
- Draft project guidelines to takes COVID-19 regulations into account.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in office administration, management, or equivalent through experience.
- 2-3 years of progressive experience as program me/project assistant preferably with international organizations or NGO.
- Experience in or basic knowledge of accounting is an advantage.
- Experience in or knowledge of the education sector is an advantage.
- Good command of English both in writing and speaking. A good knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French knowledge will be an additional asset.
- Computer literacy; proficiency in using office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
RAWISE core competences:
- Work priority and Result oriented.
- Aiming for continuous improvement
- Team player
Function specific competences:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Accurate in reporting
- Strong time management
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour
Duration of the contract: April-December 2021, Location: Kigali, Rwanda and Telework due to COVID-19 regulations.
Employment rate: 60% FTE (3 days per week)
Application and Deadline:
The deadline for application submission is 2nd April 2021 at 5 PM.
For more info you can contact [email protected]