Project Coordinator at Goethe-Institut: (Deadline 25 February 2021)
13, Avenue Paul VI/KN 27 Street
P.B. Box 6889 Kigali
+250 783 406 021
VACANCY: Project Coordinator „To know Cinema”
The Goethe-Institut Kigali is looking for a full-time (40hrs/week) Project Coordinator for the project “Tumenya Sinema – To know Cinema” implemented together with Mashariki African Film Festival.
The position is temporary from March 1, 2021, until 28 February 2022 with the option to be extended.
About the Goethe-Institut Kigali
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
About the project
„Tumenya Sinema – To know Cinema “ is a country-wide capacity-building program for young Rwandan professionals in the film sector, supported by the European Union and implemented jointly with Mashariki African Film Festival. It has a strong focus to bring unemployed youth into jobs and to create a wide international network of young professionals in the film sector.
- Coordinating all public relations and handling internal communication of the project with all stakeholder, including creating visual PR material, in accordance with the director of the Goethe-Institut.
- Communication of the project with strong focus on social media
- Intensify and accompany creation of a digital platform for film professionals
- Coordinate events of the project
- Organize masterclasses and sessions with international experts according to the goals of the project
- Support the creation of a training curriculum
- Support and accompany creation of local cooperatives in the film sector
- Reporting throughout the project together with other stakeholders
- Continuous project monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant tertiary education in Event Management, Project Management, Media Studies or comparable knowledge and experience in cultural and creative economies
- Commitment and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work closely with partner organizations
- Presentation skills in order to do event presentations and communication with other stakeholders
- willingness to work occasionally in the evening hours and/or weekends for events
- Experience in project management including flight bookings, assistance with visa application, preparation of events etc.
- Good MS Office skills
- Fluent English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda, French, or basic German would be beneficial
- For non-Rwandan applicants: valid work and residence permit for Rwanda
Applications with application letter (in English or German), tabular CV, certificates/references must be submitted by e-mail to the Director of the Goethe-Institut Kigali, Katharina Hey [email protected] by 25th February 2021.
Attachment Vacancy Project Coordinator Goethe