Recruit a Consultant to Develop an uptake Strategy for the KAP study and the National Survey of Institutions for Children With Disabilities in Rwanda: (Deadline 11 March 2021)
Little has been published/researched/studied about the knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding attributes and conceptualization of CWDs, the use of institutional care for CWDs, and the barriers/enablers of the full and meaningful integration of CWDs into community life in Rwanda. Also, the need to have up-to-date data regarding institutions or centres that provide institutional care and rehabilitation services for children with disabilities in Rwanda has been established.
Hope and Homes for Children together with National Council of Persons with Disabilities and the National Early Childhood Development Agency are conducting a KAP study on disabilities and a National Survey of Institutions for Children with Disabilities in Rwanda. Both studies aim at generating evidence to support decision-makers, donors, professionals, and other non-state actors in Rwanda in the development and/or implementation of national policies, programs, standards/guidelines, and legislations that promote inclusion of CWDs into nurturing and protective family/community environment.
Hope and Homes for Children, National Child Development Agency, and National Council for Persons with Disabilities are seeking consultancy services to professionally develop an uptake strategy necessary to support the usage of those research findings in Rwanda for better outcomes on persons with disabilities and children with disabilities particularly.
2. Scope of work
1. Analyse the current context in relation to the importance of the National Survey and KAP study
2. Identify research impact objectives in light of the problem these researches are addressing
3. Identify key potential research users involved in achieving the impact objectives and prioritize them
4. Prepare and conduct an uptake strategy meeting to interactively develop the uptake strategy with key stakeholders identified and invited by National Council for Persons with Disabilities, National Early Childhood Development Agency, and Hope and Homes for Children
5. Determine how to work strategically with them to increase research uptake
6. Identify the behaviour change we want to see in these stakeholders (Research theory of change)
7. Develop an engagement/communication plan including specific messages, channels and messenger, timing, and resources
8. Determine necessary communication materials to unpack the findings and recommendations of both studies to suit the defined audience
9. Develop actionable steps to implementing the uptake strategy
10. Develop the strategy M & E including progress and outcomes markers to track and evidence the impact the research will be making or to monitor and evaluate the implementation of study recommendations.
1. Uptake strategy meeting report
2. Draft report of the uptake strategy including:
a. Context analysis
b. Identified research impact objectives
c. Identified key stakeholders and their prioritization
d. Research theory of change
e. Engagement/ ommunication plan
f. Actionable steps to implementing this strategy
g. Strategy Monitoring and Evaluation
3. Finalrevised report of the uptake strategy including the above elements and inputs from key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing research communication and/or uptake strategies
- Proven familiarity with terminology and research methods used in disability domain
- Proven experience in working or researching in the domains of persons with disabilities.
5. Terms of payment
Payment will be done according to an agreed key deliverables:
5% of the total amount
After sharing and presentation of inception report (15th March 2021)
55% of the total amount
After presentation and approval of the draft report of the Strategy (22nd March 2021)
40 % of the total amount
After presentation and approval of the Final report of the Strategy (25th March 2021)
6. Application Process
Kindly submit a full proposal, consisting of Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal not later than 11th March 2021, 05:00 PM Rwanda time, quoting “Consultant for Developing Uptake Strategy” in the email subject line.
Done at Kigali, 04th March 2021