2 Positions of Drivers at GIZ Rwanda: (Deadline 12 October 2020)
Vacancy Announcement Drivers for Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Community Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy, and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities project (Special Initiative Refugee) is a joint Rwandan-German Development Cooperation project implemented by GIZ, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project aims to improve the economic inclusion of residents of Mahama, Mugombwa, and Kigeme Refugee Camps and neighboring communities. The project facilitates interventions in the following fields of action: (1) improvement of framework conditions at the national and local level, (2) business start-ups and expansions particularly in the refugee camps and surrounding areas, (3) professional development for young refugees, and the youth from neighboring communities and (4) psychosocial support for those in need.
Location: Huye (1 driver) and Kirehe (1 driver)
Fixed Term: one year (renewable)
The driver is responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver carries the following tasks:
- Provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors, and guests
- Runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- Helps with transporting goods
- Completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- Checks oil, water, brakes, and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil, and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- Reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
3. Knowledge management
- Uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes, and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme, or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Secondary school education
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, ideally a knowledge of French
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Familiarity with Huye, Nyamagabe, Gisagara Districts, and Kirehe District
- The driver is expected to be a refugee having a work permit or a local from the areas
- Appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 12th October 2020 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected] The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application.
Refugees and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!