International Organization for Migration (IOM)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
3 Positions of Drivers at International Organization for Migration (IOM): (Deadline 21 June 2021)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Drivers (3 Positions)
Organization Unit : Resources Management
Duty Station : IOM Kigali,
Rwanda Classification : General Service Staff,
Grade G2 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)
Type of Appointment : One-year fixed term with possibility of extension Estimated Start
Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : June 21, 2021 Reference Code : VN2021/15 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for office vehicle driving, maintenance and other logistical activities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Drive IOM vehicles and execute tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
2. Follow the rules and regulations of driving IOM vehicles at all times.
3. Ensure the safety and security of vehicle, staff and cargo, ensuring that road discipline and traffic rules are observed.
4. Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc. Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
5. Fill in the inspection sheet of vehicle status and share with the supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that requires immediate attention.
6. Ensure that incase of accident, supervisors and UNDSS are informed and a police report is obtained. In no case should the driver accept responsibility.
7. Maintain the vehicle road log sheet including the fuel status and oil changing at all times.
8. Collect mail and deliver various documents as planned by the supervisor
9. Maintaining a checklist of spares, jack, toolbox to ensure care and accountability.
10.Ensuring that the keys are returned to the safe at the end of the day.
11.Keeping track of service, insurance and registration dates and alerting the supervisor well in advance.
12.Making weekly reports on vehicle status to be shared with the supervisor.
13.Take the vehicle to pre-identified maintenance workshops and follow up on maintenance performed and make sure vehicle is repaired to standard and without any delay.
14.Keep proper records on consumables used and maintenance performed for each vehicle.
15.Makes sure all vehicles are having the appropriate equipment and tools by Rwandan Law, and by MOSS.
16.Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with two years continuous driving experience, preferably with an international organisation .
- Valid Driving License (B, D class)
- Possession of a recent certificate of good conduct from Police.
- Basic knowledge of computers especially on Microsoft office such as word, excel and outlook is required.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Good knowledge of routes within Rwanda.
- Good knowledge and working experience with VHF and HF Radios.
Fluency English is required, Working knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-today challenges.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others o Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 21 June 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 08.06.2021 to 21.06.2021