Society for Family Health(SFH)
Society for Family Health(SFH)
3 Positions of Malaria Zone Coordinators at Society for Family Health(SFH): (Deadline 27 November 2020)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a non-profit organization in Rwanda. It is the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH provides life-saving products, clinical services, and social and behavior change communications (SBCC) that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal and child health including nutrition as well as health systems strengthening. SFH’s activities range from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization.
In order to implement the Malaria SBCC Strategic Interventions by CSOs funded Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC), SFH Rwanda is hiring Three (3) Malaria Zone Coordinators. The position holder reports to the Malaria Provincial Coordinator.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MALARIA ZONE COORDINATOR:
Under the overall supervision of the Malaria Provincial Coordinator, the Malaria Zone Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Follow-up closely on the Implementation of the Annual Work Plan with regard to Malaria SBCC interventions;
- Participate in the annual planning process and provide technical support for Malaria SBCC interventions in the catchment area;
- Ensure the Coordination of Malaria SBCC Activities (Prevention, Vector Control, and Case Management SBCC related activities) implementation at District and Community Levels;
- Collaborate with Malaria Provincial Coordinator and RBC/Malaria District Supervisors to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control;
- Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategies at zone level;
- Coordinate Malaria SBCC activities implementation in the catchment areas;
- Represent the CSO on daily basis in the districts of deployment;
- Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC implementation activities;
- Collaborate with Malaria Provincial Coordinator and CSO Malaria SBCC Officer to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at District level;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly reports from assigned District to Malaria Provincial Coordinator;
- Review technical reports from all health facilities in the catchment area and provided feedback.
- Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations;
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly evaluation of Health Facilities and Community Health Workers;
- Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities;
- Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned;
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Public Health, Health Education, Nursing, Epidemiology, Community Health, Social Sciences or other related fields)
- Strategic thinking with problem-solving skills;
- Team working and organization skills in public health-related domains;
- Demonstrated abilities or proven experience in working with communities would be an added value;
- Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required;
- Panning and team organization skills;
- Good communication skills with Fluency and community mobilization skills;
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills are desirable;
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the objectives of the project.
S/he must be outcome-oriented, able to manage multiple priorities at a time, and able to keep moving with minimal day-to-day supervision. This highly professional individual will be comfortable speaking and working in public settings.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in coordinating SBCC activities in the communities.
STATUS: Full-time position, based in Rwamagana, Eastern Province.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT INCLUDE:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director;
- Curriculum Vitae (3 referees including at least 2 former employers);
- Copies of degrees;
- Copies of Certificates of Professional qualification and trainings;
All interested applicants who fulfill the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to [email protected] by Friday, November 27, 2020, at 16:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.