3 Positions of Promoter at World Relief Rwanda (WRR): (Deadline 20 October 2020)
The position is responsible for providing full support on church integral mission and church development, basing on the objectives of Church Empowerment.
Job responsibilities and activities:
Support the Directorate of Church Empowerment
- Make a plan and reports of the activities to be done in his respective area.
- Ensure the most vulnerable participation in church activities design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Supervision of the implementation of planned activities on behalf of World Relief Rwanda and the church in the area.
- Support the volunteers and local church leaders in the development of work plans, reporting, and monitoring.
- Develop a system of monitoring and evaluation of the Church Empowerment in the area with the promotion of periodic reviews, and of highlight the strengths, weaknesses, and lessons learned.
- Work with local church leaders to establish a church event in the community.
- Participate in identifying, mobilizing, and training volunteers, who will work with the local church leaders, and train the others.
- Work with CEZ Coordinator and the others to develop applicable materials that help to reach to the CEZ objectives.
- Participating in the coordination meeting of stakeholders in the area and share information of the church activities.
- Develop the capacity of the local church leaders and volunteers to advocate for the most vulnerable for the protection and promotion of human rights.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A diploma or A1 in Social work, Education, Community Health and other related field or A2 in Education, Human sciences, social sciences with three years of experience in community works
- Compatible with organizational mission and values
- Strong understanding of the Church mission
- Demonstrate experience of working with NGOs and local government
- Good experience to use a computer: Word and Excel
- Good written and spoken English and local language ( Kinyarwanda)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be proactive with good problem-solving skills
- Capable to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the local church leaders and others
- Ready to travel most of the time in hard field conditions
- Living in the working sector is a requirement
- He/she has at least three years of working knowledge
- Experience working in a community with a local church and local government
- Experience in writing report
- Experience in training skills
- Trips to the field and stays in the area of work
How to apply:
- Please submit your motivation letter written to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda indicating the sector you would like to work in, a copy of your notified certificates, comprehensive curriculum vitae with three (3) names of referees, and a church recommendation letter from your Pastor or Priest, no later than October 20th, 2020 by 4:00 p.m. Applications will be either submitted at WRR Office located in Karongi District, Twumba Sector or WRR Office located in Kigali.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Director of Administration and Finance