MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
3 Positions of Software Developer at MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: (Deadline 23 September 2020)
The Ministry of Education is in the process of developing An Integrated Education Management Information System (IEMIS) in order to improve the overall efficiency of the education system. In this regard, MINEDUC is recruiting three software developers to:
– Develop the agreed modules, including functionalities/interfaces that support school management and operations, sector plans indicators tracking, as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the IEMIS key performance indicators based on agreed metadata and refined data fields.
– Integrate the core systems of IEMIS with other relevant sub
– sector Management Information Systems (TVET
– MIS, HEC
– MIS and UR IRBMIS).
– Build data visualization, and analytical tools based on relevant statistical methods
– Develop interactive users’ interfaces for data dissemination through consultation with and feedback from stakeholders regarding different user scenarios and display options.
– Test and refine new modules and the IEMIS as a whole at national, district, sector and school level.
– Ensure high availability of the IEMIS and its building blocks(SDMS and TMIS) in compliance with System accessibility and availability monitoring, Security management, and System Configuration management.
– Provide technical support to set up the helpdesk ticketing system for both technical and functional support.
– Work with help desk support staff to carry out system support administration
– Work closely with Senior trainer officer, to provide technical support to trainings implementation
– Provide technical support to all other tasks related to IEMIS development and deployment as requested by MINEDUC or its aligned institutions (REB, HEC, RP, RTB, UR,NESA).
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Software Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System with 5 years working experience in the field of software development and at least 2 years working experience as software developer on enterprise application software. The candidate must submit documents proving his/her experience as a software developer on enterprise application software. (Examples of proof: Appointment letter, Work certificate, Cover and last page of the signed contract).
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Proven experience in Development, testing and deployment of enterprise application software (EAS)
– Proven technical expertise in designing, developing software and interfaces
– Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining highly scalable databases and software using PostgreSQL and Java Sprint MVC
PROCESS TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS
1. Scan your National ID together with documents proving your experience as software developer;
2. Upload the documents in the place of ID;
3. Scan your degree and upload it on the place of Degree;
4. Apply for the post