4 JOB POSITIONS AT IntraHealth : FP/ASRH Specialists : ( Deadline : 18 October 2019 )
Employment Opportunity: FP/ASRH Specialists (4)
Why Choose IntraHealth
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth would like to hire Family Planning and Adolescent, Sexual, and Reproductive Health (FP/ASRH) Specialists to be based in several locations (Kigali; Rwamagana, Nyanza and Rubavu) who will provide technical and program support for the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity. This position will provide technical assistance to support informed choice for a full range of family planning methods and services, including FP counselling and methods, youth friendly services including ASRH services, to improve health outcomes. The FP/ASRH specialists will be responsible for at least 3 districts to coordinate all FP/ASRH activities in those districts. He/She will participate in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FP/ASRH activities to contribute to achievement of project deliverables. The FP/ASRH Specialist will report directly to the zonal coordinator.
Planning and integration of FP/ASRH
- Work closely with the Ingobyi technical team to plan, implement and scale-up strategies for high impact interventions related to FP/ASRH at facility level.
- Monitor progress of implementation of workplan activities related to FP/ASRH and ensure that activities are executed according to plan and any issues are discussed with supervisor in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other Ingobyi Activity team members and MOH/RBC to ensure good coordination and efficient programming and management.
Operation and Implementation
- Support development of technical documents/materials, conduct training of trainers/mentors, training of health care providers using the LDHF approach and On the Job Training approach and mentorship
- Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship for district-based mentors and health care providers for FP/ASRH activities.
- Liaise with health facility leaders to ensure that youth-friendly services are provided in supported health facilities.
- Work with other Ingobyi staff to ensure delivery of high-quality FP services focusing on comprehensive counseling and voluntary method choice.
- Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities; and assist finance staff to review process and reconcile payment documentation from trainers, program and management staff.
- Prepare and/or procure job-aids and training materials in coordination with the Zonal Coordinator, Senior Maternal and FP Specialist, and the FR/ASRH advisor and ensure that materials and supplies reach targeted sites in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit reports on FP/ASRH activities in timely manner.
- Assist with organization of technical meetings, trainings, field visits, events and other activities.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
Learning and documentation
- Contribute/coordinate with Ingobyi Activity’s M&E efforts to ensure that the project meets FP/ASRH deliverables in accordance with the M&E framework.
- Ensure that activities related to FP/ASRH are properly documented and that program data are systematically collected, analyzed, submitted and properly archived as well as shared across the project to inform Ingobyi’s technical reports and to feed into Ingobyi’s learning activities.
- Share experience related to FP/ASRH activities to inform the design of Ingobyi’s subsequent workplans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in medicine or nursing, with a master’s degree in public health or other clinical disciplines.
- Valid license issued by Rwanda National Council of Nurses and Midwives; Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council, or Rwanda Medical and Dental Council.
- Experience in training/capacity building on FP and/or ASRH, including for health facility and community health workers (CHWs)
- At least five (5) years of professional experience implementing FP/ASRH programs
- Practical knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of facility and community-based programs for FP/ASRH
- Sound understanding of current policy developments and evidence base related to FP/ASRH
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- Solid skills in documentation and report writing
- Ability to travel nationally frequently
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
- https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/691e6d21-ca2d-4ca1-9c81-9382f721406d/?q=&o=postedDateDesc&w=&wc=&we=&wpst or at:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
- Please, apply before October 18, 2019
- During the application, each applicant is requested to choose a preferred location (Kigali, Nyanza, Rwamagana and Rubavu).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com