SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
5 Positions of Driver at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda: (Deadline 27 April 2021)
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health, and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda therefore seeks to recruit 5 Drivers for the following facilities:
- National Office/Kigali,
- Care Training Centre Kigali,
- SOS Technical School Kigali,
- BMZ Quality Care Project Kigali.
- SOS Children’s Village Kayonza
The Drivers will be responsible for the transportation of Organization/Project staff & SOS Children only when they are involved in Organization/Project activities. The position holder will therefore be responsible for the following tasks:
- Control and ensure the good state of the vehicle;
- Report any accidents or injuries to supervisors immediately.
- Perform minor reparation of the vehicle;
- Prepare the vehicle maintenance forms;
- Prepare the requisition of any repairment or maintenance;
- Perform vehicle inspections such as checking fluid level and tire pressure.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances.
- Use the Organization/Project car in Organization/Project activities only,
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations as per the request of Organization/Project staff;
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Drive safely and ensure reaching the destination on time;
- Analyze destination, determine appropriate routes, and maintain schedule;
- Respect driving laws and road regulations;
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe;
- Adhere to organizational operating policies and procedures;
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms, and complete daily paperwork
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- At least Secondary Leaving Certificate (A2);
- A hold a Driving Licence at least category B & D;
- At least 4 years’ working experience in the same position;
- Ability to work independently, self-organized, fulfil commitments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work extra-hours if need be and living in the neighboring working area;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, good communication skills including written and spoken English or French
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV, copies of education qualification, and 3 traceable professional referees) and an employment application form well filled in. (Available at the National Office).
NB: The applications from qualified women are strongly encouraged
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Kigali, on 16th April 2021.
Jean Bosco KWIZERA