6 Positions of Field Officers for the Farm to Market Alliance Project at Rwanda Development Organization(RDO): (Deadline 13 September 2020)
The Farm to Market Alliance-FtMA (formerly known as the Patient Procurement Platform – PPP) is an initiative of the World Food Programme (WFP) to support smallholder farmer organizations in Rwanda to access the market for their produce. FtMA’s goal is to establish pro-smallholder agricultural value chains in partnership with public and private off-takers, credit and input providers, and other commercial actors.
Rwanda Development Organization – RDO and Rwanda Rural Rehabilitation Initiative – RWARRI are implementing the Farm to Market Alliance-FtMA in 23 districts in 4 provinces to support 263 cooperatives with nearly 85,000 smallholder farmers, The selected candidates will fulfill the position either in RDO or RWARRI under FtMA project.
2. Position Description
Reporting to Senior Extensionist, the Field Officer will be responsible of overseeing all interventions of the project in the assigned district(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize and help farmers within cooperatives to adopt good agriculture practices including basal, top dressing and IPM, by providing exposure to new knowledge, the information in skills in agriculture
- Build the capacity of cooperative members through training on post-harvest handling and storage technologies to minimize losses and increase the quality of their produce
- Facilitate cooperative members to have access to information about PHHS equipment and help them during the acquisition of this equipment
- Facilitate the activities of produce aggregation and delivery
- Facilitate market linkages between cooperatives and other alliance partners namely off-takers (forward delivery contracts), input dealers, Financial institutions and others
- Facilitate Governance and financial literacy trainings provided to cooperatives in partnership with IFC
- Facilitate Gender awareness and solidarity saving group training provided to cooperatives in partnership with IFC
- Working closely to other development partners to complement each other hence avoid
- Collaborate with JADF and other Government institutions to go in line with Government priorities
- Ensure detailed and timely communication with farmers, Head Office, donors, and other partners
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that include deliverables updates.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
At least a bachelor’s degree in agriculture science, agribusiness.
- Having at least 3 full years of experience in agriculture-related projects
- Having at least 2 years of experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations
- Having driving permit Category A is an added value
- Having the ability to collaborate with local government officials on agriculture project implementation
- Experience in collaborating with districts and farmer groups and organizations
- Experience in community mobilization and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Effective collaboration; willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining the quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Capable to work under pressure and ability to work under tight schedules and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English and Kinyarwanda, Knowledge of French are an added advantage.
- Having knowledge of mobile-based data collection tools like ODK, Kobo toolbox, Cs Pro
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Job location
The Field Officer will be based in one of RDO’s or RWARRI’s District of intervention with some visits to the Head office in Kigali.
5. How to apply / Application process
Interested candidates who meet the required criteria shall submit their applications including a motivation letter, Copy of ID, CV, and notified academic certificate. The application should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, Rwanda Development Organization (RDO), KK 500 St 22, BRALIRWA Road, P.O. Box 368, Kigali. These should be submitted to RDO Email: [email protected] not later than 13/09/2020, 2.00 PM.
N.B: Only shortlisted will be contacted
RDO’s Executive Secretary