6 Positions of Malaria Study Laboratory Technician at Jhpiego: (Deadline 14 September 2020)
Job Opportunity Announcement / PMI Impact Malaria Study positions
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments, and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving the delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective, and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Website: http://www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego is a key partner in the USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria Project contributing to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2020-2024 and beyond.
PMI Impact Malaria Project works with national Malaria programs to fight Malaria and save lives by strengthening the diagnosis, treatment, and drug-based prevention of Malaria, especially for children and pregnant women.
The PMI Impact Malaria in collaboration with the Malaria and Other Parasitic Diseases Division/Rwanda Biomedical Center will be starting a health facility-based clinical trial on the efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine and dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine in Rwanda. The present study will be an open-label trial in which patients (children aged 6 months to 59 months) with uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria in three sites with different levels of antimalarial drug resistance will be treated with ALN and DP. Children will be followed-up for 28 days to 42 days after treatment. Jhpiego Rwanda is hiring the following positions for the Study:
Malaria Study Laboratory Technician (6):
Position: Malaria Study Laboratory Technician (6 Positions) 2 posts at each site
Study times: Masaka (Kicukiro); Rukara (Kayonza); Muganza (Rusizi)
Reporting to: Malaria Study Coordinator
Supervised staff: N/A
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Duration of the contract: 1 Year
Tentative start date: Early October 2020
- The candidate will be responsible to perform all study-related laboratory procedures according to study protocols.
- This will specifically entail collection, processing, and storage of biological samples, conducting relevant laboratory assays with proper documentation of results, and record keeping.
- He/she will ensure all quality assurance protocols are in place and abide by Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- They will also be expected to work within the health center
- He/she will work in close liaison with the site team, the Study Coordinator and under the supervision of the Health Center and the Principal investigator
- Be Rwandan by nationality and ready to start immediately
- Diploma (A1) or Bachelor’s Degree in Laboratory technology from a recognized institution with at least 3-4 years’ experience in a health facility.
- Having a valid license from National Council
- Prior experience in research will be desirable.
- Ability to work under the leadership of the health center where the sites will be located and build a good relationship between different teams
- Possession of a GCP or GCLP certificate will be preferable.
- Ready to be based at any of the 3 sites
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY!!
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online http://jrims.org/Job_Application/studylabo.php and upload the following documents in PDF format with your names:
- Updated CV,
- Proof of previous experiences,
- Academic Degrees & Certificates,
- 3 referees, one of whom should be the current employer, previous employer, and academic supervisor/lecturer with their full contacts.
Address the complete application files to Country Representative. The closing date for the vacancy is September 14th, 2020 @5pm.
Only online applications shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, the station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation, or any other fees).