Accountant at RICEM: (Deadline 7 July 2020 )
Rwanda Institute of Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance (RICEM), Kigali, Rwanda
Background: RICEM is a technical and vocational institute for Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance owned by the National Cooperatives Confederation of Rwanda (NCCR) and the Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR).
From its inception, RICEM has the mission to provide capacity building and other business advisory services to Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship and Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) through trainings, skills transfer, Consultancy, research, and Technical support.
RICEM is looking for an accountant.
To be a really sustainable answer to the professionalization of those three pillars, RICEM would like to recruit a High-Profile Candidate who fulfills the Job Profile below:
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the accountant manages all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets .
Roles and responsibilities:
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing budget forecasts
- Processing tax payments and returns
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Provide financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Work experience of three years as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
How to apply:
Please submit a current resume, a cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and why He/She is interested in working at RICEM, and relevant references and certificates via email as PDF to [email protected]
Subject: Accountant RICEM
Application Deadline: 07th, July 2020 at 12 pm.