Africa Regional Program Officer at CECI Canada: (Deadline 23 August 2020)
Under the supervision of the Africa and Organizational Change Directorate and in close collaboration with the directorates of African countries and teams in Canada, the regional program officer for Africa assumes the development role, monitoring, evaluation and learning programs in the Africa region. He / she ensures and maintains qualitative links with the main stakeholders and partners in the region.
1. Innovation and development of programming in the region
- Supports the implementation of the programming development strategy in the region.
- Based on learning and innovative solutions from CECI programs and other technical and financial partners (PTF), identifies opportunities and proactively supports the process of ideation and development of new initiatives, including multi-country and regional .
- Watch over / and analyze trends, strategies and innovations of TFPs in the region to fuel the quality and development of programming.
- Facilitates the establishment of knowledge exchange spaces and promotes collaboration and programmatic synergies between CECI’s countries of intervention in the region.
- Participate in identifying strategic partnerships and negotiating agreements with partner organizations.
- Contributes to the capacity building of country teams in Access Management on Results (RBM) and program development.
- Supports the updating and implementation of business plans for CECI country offices in the region.
- Participate in the programming development community of practice.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of communication and representation strategies at the regional level.
2. Regional technical support for the Voluntary Cooperation Program (PCV)
- Monitoring the start-up of the PCV in the Africa region and specifically in new programming countries.
- Support country teams and ensure technical monitoring of the process of development and implementation of the PCV Implementation Plan (PMO).
- Participate in the identification of the strategic and operational partners of the PCV.
- Supervises and supports those in charge of managing the PCV, particularly in terms of monitoring volunteers, in the new programming countries.
- Ensures the quality of work plans, budgets, and narrative and financial reports of countries, produced on time.
- Support country teams in making qualitative and judicious choices on the use of thematic innovation funds and ensure their follow-up.
- Ensures the establishment, regular updating and application of emergency and security procedures in the new programming countries.
- Support the Africa and Organizational Change Directorate in the overall delivery of the PCV in the region.
monitoring , evaluation and learning In conjunction with CECI’s monitoring-evaluation unit and country program managers in the region, he / she:
- Contributes to the updating of monitoring and evaluation systems and tools in order to allow the measurement of the indicators set in the performance measurement framework of the PCV and organizational.
- Support country teams in the region in monitoring indicators to qualify the impact of programs for participating groups.
- Participate in the training of country teams and volunteers in results-based management, and ensure quality control at this level.
- Contributes to the identification and integration of lessons learned, and identifies aspects that require further analysis / research.
- Support country teams in data generation, analysis and drafting of annual narrative reports and other program reports.
- Supports the identification of the most convincing results of projects and programs, and contributes to the systematization and their internal and external dissemination.
- Facilitates, organizes and sets up mechanisms for knowledge sharing and learning between countries and with other stakeholders, including meetings or interactive platforms for exchange and learning.
- Participate in the CECI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning community of practice.
- Hold a valid work permit to work in Benin, Burkina-Faso, Rwanda or Senegal.
- University education, ideally second cycle, in a relevant field.
- Professional experience of more than 7 years in the development and monitoring-evaluation of projects / programs.
- Experience in measuring program results and learning.
- Excellent knowledge of results-based management (RBM).
- Good knowledge of development and humanitarian issues in Africa.
- Proven expertise in economic empowerment and women’s rights, and / or gender, climate change and resilience in Africa.
- Good analytical and technical writing skills (reports, studies, proposals, etc.).
- Knowledge of volunteer cooperation programs would be an asset.
- Good ability and ease to work remotely.
- Great ability to maintain well organized processes and systems.
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written French.
- Functional English.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and adherence to the approach of equality between women and men and values associated with international cooperation.
- Availability to occasionally travel abroad.
Place of employment: In one of the following countries: Burkina Faso, Senegal, Benin, Rwanda
Duration of mandate: 2 years (possibility of renewal), probation period of 6 months
To apply: All interested candidates who meet the requirements must send a cover letter explaining the reasons for their application for this position and an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] before August 23, 2020.
CECI is an employer that respects fairness. Women and members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.