Ageing and Inclusion Advisor at Tearfund: (Deadline 13 September 2020)
An exciting opening has arisen in our Rwanda country programme for a multi-skill individual with experience in Ageing and Inclusion.
The Ageing and Inclusion Advisor provides coordination, advice, and leads Tearfund Rwanda’s work with partners and the church on aging and inclusion. The advisor ensures that all Tearfund programmes and projects in Rwanda mainstream the needs of older people focus on their inclusion, care, and protection. To liaise, engage and build synergy with other teams and colleagues within Tearfund and Tearfund family on the subject of aging and inclusion
Are you professionally qualified with a post-qualification experience? Do you have experience of:
- Degree level or equivalent in theology, sociology, economics, development, social studies, or other relevant courses
- Demonstrate experience or knowledge about aging-related issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of Christian relief and social protection
- International NGO experience
- A strong track record of working collaboratively to achieve shared goals
- Confident and capable communicator
- Excellent English language with outstanding written and verbal communication skills Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is essential
Then this could be the role for you!
Please note, applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs and have the right to live and work in Rwanda. All posts involve potential contact with children and vulnerable adults and the recruitment process will include specific safeguarding checks.