Assistant & Information Management Officer at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): (Deadline 25 September 2020)
The Assistant & IM Officer provides (high-level) administrative support and oversees information management in the delegation. S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence, and standard tools.
- Works with the Information Management Adviser to set goals and priorities and determine the resources required (technical or relays) to achieve the objectives of the Information Environment Strategy; ensures that all related projects and programs are implemented, taking into account the specificities of different contexts.
- Ensures information flows are coherent and efficient, that institutional policies and procedures are updated and applied, and that users are properly briefed and trained.
- Manages and monitors collaborative tools and databases, including access, and ensures that information is updated in the reference tools
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches, and follows up on requests, calls, and correspondence; independently manages and organizes internal and external events; represents the ICRC to high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps.
- Is a member of a management or coordination team and participates in discussions, follows up on the implementation of decisions and strategies; flags issues and delays; produces and updates the timeline, schedule, and other tools.
- Independently initiates, drafts, edits, and finalizes correspondence, presentations, and other documents; prepares briefing files.
- Ensures that staff are briefed and/or trained on information management, written protocols and correspondence, rules on signatures and the protection, use and storage of office supplies, records management, archiving, and information-management tools; ensures staff comply with related rules and procedures.
CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Communication/Business /Social sciences or equivalent certification or experience. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Excellent command of English and French
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Enterprise Content Management certification.
- Minimum five years’ experience providing executive support in an international organization or company.
- Experience coordinating a team.
- Experience in project management and follow-up.
- Good sense of analysis and methodical person; a sense of responsibility and organization;
- Rigorous, disciplined, precise, autonomous personality, and proactive person.
Please send your current CV (Resume) and application (motivation) letter to: [email protected]
With the subject: Assistant & Information Management Officer Application.
The application closing date is: 25th September 2020 05:00 PM.
Please take note that any applications received after the above-mentioned deadline will not be considered and Only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.