Equatorial Power Ltd
Equatorial Power Ltd
Business Development Analyst at Equatorial Power Ltd: (Deadline 24 October 2020)
Equatorial Power is hiring a Business Development Analyst to work on project development process across Equatorial Power’s projects. This will entail working with internal and external stakeholders, from the community to financing partners to EPCs, implementation engineer, data sheets of various energy system components and local authorities in areas where the project in being implemented for successful implementation of the project. Furthermore, this role will require knowledge of clean energy access related projects and preferably knowledge of the solar mini-grids in sub-Sharan Africa.
- Manage project development to project delivery and project transition within defined scope, cost and timeline
- Develop and implement targeted surveys across potential project sites for the purpose of gathering market information.
- Support the environmental requirements to enable appropriate regulatory sign off
- Coordinate activity implementation and follow up with respective Local Government Authorities, CAO, Land officers, District engineers, security agencies, concerned persons and communities for effective implementation of Equatorial Power Projects and Programs
- Gather information through networking and research to understand broader offerings of
- Equatorial Power and awareness of opportunities for partnerships and company growth.
- Facilitate and support the research and identification of funding opportunities, as appropriate.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to work closely with multiple teams.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to react quickly and positively to complaints.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to work to remote project sites.
- Must have good communication skills in French, English and Kinyarwanda for Rwanda
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Able to use Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Familiar with data collection through applications
Must haves: Proactive Sales & BD, Willing to travel, some Experience in Economics, Sales, Energy Sector.
Preferred: Interacting with Local Authorities, Scouting Business Opportunities, Good Command of MS Office & Google suite, Hard & Soft skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Additional Benefits include: Lunch, Laptop & Health Insurance. All Travel & Accommodation in-field will be paid for.
About Equatorial Power Ltd.
A renewable energy developer with a passion for access to energy.
Our areas of focus are:
1. Beyond the grid holistic rural service delivery starting from productive power
2. Grid-connected renewable energy
3. Industrial captive power
We are currently developing projects in Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and DRC.