Business Development Manager – East Africa at PayJoy
PayJoy’s mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life’s unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
PayJoy is hiring a Business Development Manager in East Africa who can help us scale the business. The right candidate will be a talented and ambitious leader, looking for a high-growth opportunity at a high-impact startup, while also deeply motivated by and aligned with PayJoy’s mission to empower the next billion smartphone users.
As BD Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic business plans to attract potential partners, retain existing ones, build new business models and strategic partnerships in Kenya and parts of East Africa. To be successful in this role, you must be entrepreneurial, competitive in nature, self driven, ambitious and a creative thinker with an engaging personality.
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure PayJoy stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- A strong go getter willing to act and respond quickly to ever evolving market dynamics.
- Specific areas of expertise should include: Negotiations skills, business modeling, presentations, and new business development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and relate to subjects, issues and clients at many levels.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels in the technology, fintech and telecommunications industries.
- Grow the existing Smartphone Financing and SaaS products in Kenya and specific parts of East Africa.
- Formulate strategies supported by creative problem-solving for both PayJoy and partners.
- Develop relationship and grow existing and new partners in both businesses.
- Work with Operations to ensure successful execution of the projects.
- Be able to simplify and synthesize complex structures to communicate value effectively.
- Should be open to fully take on ad hoc projects.
- Travel within your market and support PayJoy accounts to grow existing business.
- Consult with partners on use of PayJoy marketing, branding and merchandising to ensure proper positioning of PayJoy.
- Nurture strong relationships with the home office team and partners.
- Be adaptive as needed to support internal and external customers needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
- At least 2+ years of proven experience business development, client relationship management, consulting services, and similar fields.
- Self-directed and motivated with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese also a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills that can be tailored to deal with customers, store partners, and enterprise partners. Spanish and English fluency required.
- Strong alignment with PayJoy’s mission and a passion for helping underserved communities.
- Experience with telecommunications, retail, micro-loans, payments, and/or financial service industries preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com