Chief Finance Officer (CFO) at MobiCash Limited: (Deadline 20 August 2020)
MobiCash Limited is looking for a dynamic CFO to take our company and mission to the next level.
The CFO will serve as a key member of the executive team and is a key architect of the company’s financial operations and funding strategy as the company passionately grows its product offering in existing geographies and adds new growth markets. The CFO has primary responsibility for financial planning, implementation, managing and running of all finance activities of MobiCash Ltd, including business planning budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting. Also performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments and deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks; ensure that a proper control environment is in place to guarantee accurate reporting and safeguarding of companies’ assets.
The CFO is also accountable for cost planning within the organization, cash management, funding/financing and tax planning. As part of the member of the executive team, also be involved in overall company strategy, profitability and efficient operation.
- Regularly assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy for growth
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO/Investors and make actionable recommendations on strategy
- Assist in establishing yearly corporate objectives
- Lead long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan
- Development of short-term and long-term strategies for managing liquidity, with future funding rounds, debt facilities, new country launches and foreign exchange moves, among others, as key inputs and lead capital markets strategy
- Optimization of company capital structure
- Build and lead a team of accounting/finance/capital markets professionals and represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, outside executives, auditors, etc.
- Ability to work in a team and prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment;
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by country (vs. budget)
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new country expansion, new product launches)
- Build and maintain capital budget
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports
- Prepare ad hoc analysis needed for the CEO, Board and Investors
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures across all countries
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial documents.
- Handle audit process and proper filing of tax returns for all countries
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Lead preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial documents
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation/transfer pricing
- Improve and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Graduated in in accounting, Finance (bachelor’s degree); but a post graduate degree is preferred from an accredited academic institution
- Having completed CPA / ACCA is a must.
- Proven working experience of 15 + years’ experience building and running accounting/finance teams, with at least 5 years in a similar positions.
- Brings a strong strategic, finance skill set evidenced by the ability to analyze business models, forecast financing needs and raise capital at attractive rates and invest capital in a growth dynamic where short-term cash burn is required to build longer-term value.
- Previous experience in consumer credit or FinTech
- Experience leading a finance team and company through Series C and beyond financings and/or through an IPO
- Strong financial modeling, budgeting, valuation, financial analysis and deal structuring experience
- Knowledge and background in GAAP, including the presentation and reporting of GAAP based financial reports
- Excellent knowledge listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Fluency in English. French is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment;
- Experience with multi-currency accounting, ideally in emerging markets
- Experience working in fast-growing, dynamic environments and can easily adapt to change and re-prioritize
- Familiarity with capital markets strategies
Interested candidates should submit their applications that included a cover letter, copy of the degree, certificates and an updated CV including names of three professional referees attached as one document by August 20th, 2020 at 5PM to [email protected] Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali on 06th August 2020
The management of MobiCash Ltd