Chief of Production and Certification at KOPAKAMA: (Deadline 30 September 2020)
KOPAKAMA is a cooperative of small coffee growers founded in 1998 with the general objective of improving the coffee production in quantity and quality. It has three coffee washing stations (including one under-construction) and one dry mill, process coffee cherries up to green coffee, and sell it at the local and international markets. The cooperative is composed by 1062 members who are located in Rutsiro and Karongi Districts. Thus, it is looking for recruitment of a full-time chief of Production and Certification (1 position).
The chief of Production and Certification will discharge the following responsibilities:
1) Participate in the development of action plans and budgets for activities related to production and certification;
2) Organization, monitoring, and evaluation of all activities related to the training and mobilization of producers;
3) Organization, monitoring, and evaluation of all activities related to the certification of Kopakama coffee;
4) Prepare plans and schedules for coffee maintenance activities and monitor their execution;
5) Prepare and carry out training activities for producers
6) Prepare action plans and activity budgets related to the coffee campaigns and monitor its implementation;
7) Ensure all activities aimed at improving the quality and quantity of coffee in cooperative operating zone;
8) Follow up on all KOPAKAMA coffee processing activities;
9) Ensure the proper management of coffee stocks at all levels of production;
10) Ensure the compliance of the coffee for sale in relation to the signed sales contracts;
11) Participate in the sales of coffee products;
12) Carry out any other activity entrusted by the management of the cooperative;
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business, Rural Development, or other related fields
- Having experience of three years in the domain of Agriculture especially in coffee production and processing, food processing or Extension and certification and having the certificates in coffee production and certification process is an advantage
- Must have good knowledge of using a computer (Excel, Word, and Power point)
- Must have good knowledge in the certification processes
- Must have impeccable integrity and diligence
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully under pressure
- Be a Rwandan citizen
- Fluent in spoken and written English and/or French (knowledge of both languages is an advantage), and Kinyarwanda
- Accepting to live and work in a rural area
- Having a driving license (category A) will be another advantage
How to apply
Submit your application letter, CV, ID, the degree, last year’s academic transcripts, work certificates as proof of experiences, and other relevant documents on the following email address: [email protected] and clearly state the job title in the email subject.
Submission deadline: September 30th, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to pass the test
All application letters are addressed to the President of the Cooperative KOPAKAMA, District of Rutsiro.
Done at Rutsiro, on 18th September 2020
President of KOPAKAMA