Chief of Staff at Kepler: (Deadline 3 September 2020 )
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we are building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online and on-the-job learning in service of a singular goal: decent jobs for young Africans. And we have been successful, with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating. Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students across our campuses in Kigali and the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda.
We have entered into a dynamic time at Kepler. Over the next few months, Kepler hopes to become locally accredited in Rwanda through Kepler College and we are expanding our academic offerings and programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
We seek an experienced and passionate Chief of Staff to advise and help drive the strategic priorities of the CEO and the senior management team.
He or she should be able to live and work in Rwanda.
Reporting to the CEO
- Act as a strategic advisor to the CEO and senior management team following up on governance, strategy, and sustainability.
- Acts as Board Liaison and prepares all board-related material and correspondence.
- Support Kepler work around the Future of Work Fund set up.
- Supervise public affairs, partnerships and thought leadership within the CEO’s office
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the CEO and senior management team to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Research and recommend new and revised policies and strategies.
- Drafts letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the CEO and senior managers.
- Support senior management team in meetings by assuming responsibility for the completion of action items.
- Create and maintain systems and processes to streamline operations as required.
- Maintains accurate confidential files and data records within the CEO’s office.
- Manage the CEO calendar and prioritize their time and schedule, when required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in business administration, policy, or a similar field; master’s degree preferred
- At least 7+ years working in a business management role with track record organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- At least 3+ years managing sustainability or strategy related files for senior executives
- Must have experience in the education sector
- Experience in reporting and analytics required
- Strong writing and communication required
- Experience as a management consultant is an asset
- Experience in fundraising is an asset
- Bilingual English-French is an asset
- The position is Kigali, Rwanda based
Kepler values diversity as the paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Therefore, it does not discriminate against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values.