Cleaner at IntraHealth: (Deadline 28 June 2020)
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impacts to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth International is hiring a Cleaner. Under the supervision of Administrative Officer and with close collaboration with the Office Attendant, the cleaner will mainly clean offices and support the Office Attendant to provide routine in-house tea/coffee preparation and cleaning services needed for IntraHealth staff at the main office and Central Zone – Kigali. Her/his responsibilities will include tea/coffee making and serving to staff and office visitors. She/he will facilitate the provision of catering services for in-house meetings by serving water and tea/coffee as directed by his/her supervisor.
A) Preparation of tea and coffee for staff
- Assist the Officer Attendant to ensure the office tea/coffee room has the required equipment and the right standard for tea services.
- Prepare on a daily basis tea/coffee/water for staff.
- Ensure availability and efficient use of tearoom consumables such as milk, tea, coffee, and water.
- Serve water and tea/coffee to the participants for in house meetings as organized and communicated to her/him.
- Ensure the timely removal of plates/cups/bottles after meetings to ensure the cleanliness of meetings rooms and offices.
- Order groceries and kitchen household supplies to keep kitchen stocked and record expenditures.
B) Office cleaning
- Clean offices and the veranda areas so that sanitation standards are maintained
- Wash windows, doors, walls, as necessary.
- Wash dishes and clean the kitchen, cooking utensils, and silverware.
- Ensure the office is open timely for cleanness and accessibly.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport all trash and waste to disposal areas in compound waiting for transportation to a destination by the contracted company.
- Keep kitchen storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and requirements:
The interested candidate must fulfill the following educational and professional experience requirements:
- Ready to start immediately.
- A2 secondary education in hospitality or related relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience as Cleaner, Office Attendant, or in housekeeping or related work.
- Experienced in tea/coffee preparation services in a busy office, preferably with an international organization.
- Language Requirements: The applicant must be a native Kinyarwanda speaker. Knowledge of either English or French languages is an asset.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside the Kigali,
- Willingness to work independently with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Apply before June 28, 2020 and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1