Cleaner at Pact Rwanda: (Deadline 26 October 2020)
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff has a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The Cleaner is responsible for the cleanliness of the PACT’s office. S/he ensures also that the coffee/tea break is properly and timely prepared for staff and visitors.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the office
- Prepare tea and coffee breaks on a daily basis
- Establishes needs for requisition for Tea and coffee ingredients when necessary
- Establishes needs for requisition for bathroom materials.
- Ensure office windows and doors are closed prior to leaving
- Report any need for office maintenance
- Participates in the preparation of staff events as far as snacks and beverage are concerned
- Ensure vehicle loading and unloading for office supplies as needed
- Ensure office wastes regular collection
- Supports finance for courier distribution at the bank as requested
- Ensure the reception/front desk back up as needed
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: PACT Team, Operations, Finance, and Programming staff
- External: PACT visitors
- Post Primary school certificate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of English/French
- Proven knowledge of basic diet and kitchen management
- Good communication
- Basic computer literacy is an advantage: able to send emails and elementary knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
- All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: [email protected] not later than October 26, 2020, mentioning the position title as a subject to email.