Commercial Executive (Logistics, Trade Compliance) at APEX Biotech: (Deadline 5 September 2020)
Apex Biotech Ltd. (APEX), is the pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing firm in Rwanda. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism, and financial strength.
We are currently seeking professionals who are searching for a challenging and rewarding roles for the following opportunities.
Commercial Executive (Logistics, Trade Compliance)
- Execute, monitor, and manage L/C related work which includes- corresponding with vendors, opening L/C and its amendment, monitoring shipment, document requirement formalities, and customs clearing.
- Ensure all commercial activities (e.g. issuance of L/C, PI, L/C amendment, correction of L/C terms and conditions according to Rwanda bank rules & regulations, shipment conditions, negotiation with buyers & sellers, payment realization, etc.
- Maintain proper liaison with concerned agencies, trade bodies, banks, shipping lines, C&F agents, transport agents, insurance companies, VAT department, production department, etc.
- Follow up for raw materials and ensure proper selection of HS code for easy clearance from customs and avoid additional cost.
- Prepare and maintain periodic Export-Import Statement, Tax & Shipping related documents.
- Check and maintain all logistics documents required at different levels (e.g. Commercial invoice, Packing List, Delivery Slips/Truck Receipt, Technical Literature, Country of Origin (COO), ISO, GMP, and other certificates)
- Collect quotations from freight forwarders and prepare a comparative statement for importable & exportable items.
- Maintain continuous communication with all concerned parties regarding L/C, order status, shipment status, vessel position & customs work process & planning delivery schedules.
- Capable of handling VAT, import duties, licensing related documents and issues
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with transporters, forwarders, customs, and regulatory officials.
Masters (preferable) or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in commercial, logistics & supply chain.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in transportation, logistics, and/or supply chain management
- The applicant should have experience in the following areas: Finance & Bank Operation, Import & Export Procedures, Local Trading, Commercial Import/Export through L/C, Supply Chain
- Familiarity with activities related to RRA, RDB, MINICOM, MINECOFIN, RFDA.
- Understand the regulatory requirements working with Legal / Compliance / Industry and internal stakeholders
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Good analytical, reporting & decision-making skills, good knowledge of computer.
- Fluent in English, Kinyarwanda, French (optional)
Apex Biotech Ltd. Corporate Office, Kigali City
Compensation & Other Benefits
Attractive remuneration, job security, health coverage, and other benefits as per company policy.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application (motivation letter, detailed CV, certificates, and references) before 5 September 2020, by e-mail to [email protected] for immediate and confidential consideration. Please quote the job title in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apex Biotech Ltd.
Plot D15, Phase II, Kigali Special Economic Zone