Communication intern at SNV: (Deadline 28 August 2020)
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, SNV has built a long-term, local presence in 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services, empowering them to break the cycle of poverty, and guide their own development. Currently implementing 25 horticulture projects worldwide, SNV actively engages with the private sector, being convinced of the crucial role private sector has in furthering horticulture value chains for both domestic and international markets. SNV’s Inclusive business approach combines private sector development with inclusive growth objectives. Reducing food losses and increasing value chain efficiencies, improving food safety, inclusion of entrepreneurial small holders, climate smart agriculture and other themes play an important role in all our horticulture projects.
Reporting to: The Country Director
SNV Rwanda is seeking to recruit a Rwandan National for the position of Communications intern. The Intern is responsible for providing administrative support to the team and will bring fresh ideas to the table when it comes to engaging our audiences through a variety of channels.
· Writing and editing of SNV communication, including but not limited to, media press releases
Support the development of SNV’s Communications Strategy
· Create and meticulously maintain SNV social media accounts with content and ensure that all the content; information, photos etc. are up-to date and relevant.
· Organize and maintain the SNV Rwanda website ensuring the SNV Rwanda branding requirements are adhered to.
· Be the link between SNV Rwanda and the Head office Communications team
· Be the point of contact with the press
· Act as a liaison across all departments to ensure that the right communication information is accurately put across the appropriate channels.
· Ability to work with graphic designers in developing SNV branding material.
· Support SNV’s communication efforts of branding/marketing events
· Perform other administrative duties as we may need you to
· Pursing or recently completed a Degree in Communications or Journalism
· Good writing and presentation skills in English, a working knowledge of Kinyarwanda would be of advantage.
· Ability to work smart by managing multiple priorities with deadlines in a constantly changing environment
· Be quick to respond to requests for service
· Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
· Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal skills
· Innately demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
· Be willing to travel for outside Kigali as required.
Application documents should be submitted not later than Monday August 28, 2020 at 17:00 hrs Kigali time
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.