Communications Manager at AEC Inkomoko: (Deadline 10 August 2020)
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies Rwandan entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
THE OPPORTUNITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the Communications Manager position is to raise the visibility of the organization to our key stakeholders, including government, donors, and local and international media. We are seeking candidates with previous senior-level Communications, PR and Media experience, a brilliant writer, and with powerful communications and storytelling skills. Specific responsibilities include:
COMMUNICATIONS (50% time):
- Lead all Inkomoko communications strategies, providing guidance to the Directors, Advisors, and other ambassadors of Inkomoko’s work and impact
- Write speeches for public appearances with key stakeholders
- Manage all websites: Inkomoko, AEC Rwanda, etc
- Write blog posts to highlight organizational milestones
- Write client profiles that highlight key aspects of our program
- Develop communication materials that showcase Inkomoko’s impact.
- Conceptualize, write, and produce the Inkomoko annual report, including designer management, production, photo assets, and online and print distribution strategies.
- Work with CEO and COO to support communications for Inkomoko’s partner organizations: AEC US, AEC Kenya, and AEC Rwanda Trustee and other affiliates.
PUBLIC RELATIONS & MEDIA (30%)
- Maintain relationships with key press outlets, ensuring top placement of relevant stories that highlight our value proposition.
- Develop media campaigns, including press releases, briefing packets, photo assets, and social media strategies
- Work with Managers on the preparation of media interviews, and seek opportunities to present Inkomoko managers and clients to
relevant press outlets
- Event coordination in line with the Company’s agenda, including, but not limited to, Transform Africa, Youthconnekt, World Refugee Day, BK Urumuri Launch & Pitch events, Made in Rwanda expos, and other entrepreneurship forums.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT (20% time)
- Write and produce the bi-weekly internal staff newsletter to our staff across the Region.
- Develop annual marketing and communications budget
- Ensure staff have the relevant communications information they need to be successful in their roles
- Serve on the Management team, upholding company policies, developing strategies, and leading for growth
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
The Communications Manager will be passionate about how business can be a force for social change, and will be able to effectively and efficiently translate that passion into compelling messages.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Communications or any other relevant skill
- Minimum of 5 years working experience working experience
- Fluent in English & Kinyarwanda, both verbally and in writing
- Well-developed networking skills, excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work on a tight deadline and independently
- Experience placing campaigns with local and international media outlets
- Graphic design experience will be an added advantage
- Software skills in Mail Chimp, Canvas, and other tech-enabled communications
- Experience producing videos or project managing other Communication consultants
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Colleagues who are passionate and confident that entrepreneurs will transform the continent
- Opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of professionals
- Flexible, collaborative work environment
- Challenging work, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
- A competitive salary, health insurance, generous policies.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you wish to apply for this position, please submit your CV and salary requirements to this application portal.
Deadline of application: 10th August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks