Compliance Officer at NFT Consult: (Deadline 24 September 2020)
Our Client is a professional construction and transport company focused on adding value to their clients and Rwanda.
We are looking for Compliance Officer who will manage day-to-day compliance activities, ensuring on-going compliance with applicable regulation by effectively implementing the company’s compliance strategy
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Statutory filings, publications and fulfilment of formalities and due diligence procedures.
- Serve as a first point of contact for the regulator and act as the registered Compliance Officer.
- Support with the day to day control and compliance activities of the company.
- Assist with the company-wide control and compliance standards for the organization while keeping the company’s maintained policies and compliance procedures up to date.
- Assist with the internal controls and processes in the organization and carry out and compliance checks.
- Assist to update all control and compliance SOPs for the department and company.
- Input provision for the implementation of any new regulatory obligations and requirements.
- Preparation of legal documents (agreements, powers of attorney, etc.).
- Liaison with internal and external advisors and administrative follow-up of sophisticated transactions, coordination of the execution of the relevant documentation for signings and closings.
- Administrative follow-up in relation with contractual and legal obligations.
- Learn standards for regulatory compliance & Company’s procedures and be able to identify areas of concern and address them as necessary. Follow through with action items to be sure they are completed.
- Carry out process documentation and input into the systems.
- Support in the execution of all the financial and accounting controls of the company.
- Check that all the financial and accounting transactions follow the laid down control and compliance processes.
- Prepare reports on compliance.
- Train other employees on company policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University Degree in Law, finance, Business Management or any other related field
- At least 1 years of professional experience in the risk management
- Experience in a compliance role within the petroleum sector is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of the regulations, the key actors and the legislation governing the petroleum sector in Rwanda
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good self-organization, ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong communication skills (both in written and verbal)
- Fluency in English
- Strong sense of professional responsibility;
- Problem solving skills and great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Internal Control and Compliance in Oil & Gas services.