Cost Accountant at NFT Consult: (Deadline 8 September 2020)
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Reports To: Plant Financial Controller
Our client is Rwanda’s largest cement manufacturer. The company operates a dry process technology Plant in Muganza Sector, Rusizi District in Western Province.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Capital expenditure reporting and cash flow management.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Conducting physical inventories and monitoring cycle count program.
- Proven experience as cost accountant, accounting supervisor or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Office
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A problem-solver with attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership skills
- People management skills (including mentoring and coaching)
- Technical competencies: Financial acumen and Computer literacy
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honest and committed to utmost integrity
- Committed to meeting strict and tight reporting deadlines
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or similar field.
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA or CPA) would be desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant business experience.
- Knowledge of cement costing principles and SAP costing modules would be advantageous