Unguka Bank PLC
Unguka Bank PLC
Credit Risk Manager AT Unguka Bank PLC : ( Deadline : 22 October 2019 )
UNGUKA BANK Plc, BP 6417 KIGALI, Code: 100500249 having its registered office in Kigali, Nyarugenge District, DORONA HOUSE; would like to recruit competent and qualified Credit Risk Manager reporting to the Head of the Credit Department.
- Ensure compliance with established/ approved credit risk policies and procedures and ensure that a sound environment for measuring, monitoring and controlling credit risk is in place;
- Lead the identification, assessment, and measurement of the Bank’s credit risks at the transactional and overall portfolio level;
- Ensure deployment of relevant tools, systems, and methodologies to facilitate monitoring of the credit risk at product/ portfolio level;
- Ensure the assessment of the credit proposals is adequate and analyze the various credit risk facets to measure a final credit risk rating;
- Maintain a well-motivated, well trained, focused credit analysis team with a reputation for the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior;
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money;
- Review and revise the existing policies and procedures for the business relevant to credit risk in light of changing market conditions based on leading practices and BNR regulations and guidelines to ensure that a sound environment for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and controlling credit risk is in place;
- Ensure generation of adequate reports for analysis of the credit portfolio including, but not limited to portfolio concentration risk and portfolio quality;
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money;
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity;
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required;
- Responsible for meeting set targets and objectives as well as the financial performance of the credit risk section.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Finance, and Banking and /or other related fields;
- Have experience of at least 5 years in the banking industry with 3 years at the managerial level;
- Communicative & high level of negotiation skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity;
- Analytical skills and reporting;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
How to apply:
If you believe your career objectives match this position, send your application letter, academic credentials, and CV with three referees to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject line not later than October 22, 2019, at 4:00 pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Done at Kigali, October 11, 2019
Acting Head HR