Development Bank of Rwanda
Development Bank of Rwanda
Deal/Project Origination Agents at Development Bank of Rwanda: (Deadline 30 June 2020)
BRD with its new strategic plan 2018-2024, BRD has a vision of being “an innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact. This will be through its mission “To be a trusted and strategic partner for Rwandan’s development that offers financial solutions for enhanced value to our stakeholders. To achieve this vision, BRD has articulated three strategic themes:
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance & customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
The Performance of BRD over the last years has been mainly driven by efforts by the Bank to maintain the asset quality and enhanced processes in the origination, and a close monitoring to avoid migration of performing loans into NPLs. To achieve the Bank’s strategic plans the Bank has re-affirmed that it is critical to search for quality deals to ensure the loan book is maintained reasonably whilst boosting the Bank’s balance sheet quality. On this backdrop, the Development Bank of Rwanda is seeking to contract deal origination agents (DOA) to identify good quality projects on the market and invite clients to get project funding from BRD. The DOA’s will be contracted to identify the projects right from the onset and persuade the client/new investor to approach BRD for funding solutions.
The recruitment of DOA’s is instrumental to identify and channel quality development and investment projects to BRD for financing from projects inception. The overall objective of having the deal/project origination agents is to scale up the Bank’s access to quality deals on the market and reduce the Bank’s reliance on walk-in clients which will subsequently boost the bank’s lending volumes and developmental impact whilst increasing the returns to shareholders.
Positions: Deal/Project Origination Agents
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of work
- Involvement in identification of new developmental projects that fall within the Bank’s priority sectors, meet the bank’s borrowing criteria and refer them to the Bank for financing.
- Build/maintain relationships with new investors on board and maintain an ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Bank’s products.
- Present the financing proposals to the Bank.
- Assist the client to provide the required information and fulfilment of the requirements including service commission payment to the Bank accounts.
- Establishing a list of prospective regional companies to multinationals that intend to invest in the country for the Bank to propose tailor made financing solutions in advance.
- Providing advice and guidance to the investors on their business proposals to ensure they are bankable and maintained in line with BRD’s risk appetite.
- Identifying viable companies both local, regional and international that have expansion plans falling in BRD’s development mandate.
Profile of Consulting Agent, Requirements and qualifications
- A degree in finance, management, accounting, economics or related discipline is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in deals and business originations for financial institution (Banks)
- Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk related issues to project financing.
- A thorough understanding of the entire lending process
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector challenges
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients
- Ethical practices and ability to deliver on job deliverables without misrepresenting the Bank in his or her deals originations and referrals to the Bank
- Good knowledge of business principles and marketing techniques, good public relation skills, organizational management skills and understanding of the key business issues such as, strategic and operational planning
- Good Negotiation skills and interpersonal relationship building skills
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Investment
The initial contract for Deal Origination Agents (DOA’s) shall be for a period of three months renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Package for contracted agents is a combination of a fixed and a variable payment component as follow:
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree (scan as one document and only online applications shall be considered).
Email: [email protected] (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corpoarate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 03:00 pm.
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.