East African Community
East African Community
Deputy Registrar at East African Community: (Deadline 21 August 2020)
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Court of Justice.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Deputize the Registrar in Judicial Administration, plan, manage, coordinate and implement policy decisions in relation to the East African Court of Justice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Judicial Administration;
- Develop and facilitate implementation of Court process services procedures;
- Maintain judgment Register and ensure compilation and circulation of judgments;
- Process matters requiring the official seal of the Court and issue hearing notices;
- Draft Court Orders from Rulings and Decrees in accordance with the final decisions made by the Court and maintain the register of Orders and Decrees given by the Court;
- Receive and verify pleadings and ensure that they are presented in accordance with the Rules of the Court;
- Tax bills of costs and ensure execution of Orders;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Registrar.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters in Law (LLM) from a recognized University;
- At least 10 years of experience in the management of Court functions, five (5) of which should be at senior management level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good Research and Report Writing Skills;
- Effective administrative ability as well as proficiency in the use of
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.