Directeur des Credits at COPEDU PLC: (Deadline 6 August 2020)
The COPEDU PLC is a microfinance institution created in 2012 with the legal form of a limited liability company, which resulted from the transformation of the Cooperative d’Epargne et de Crédit Duterimbere (COOPEDU), the COPEDU PLC was approved by the National Bank in 2014 to carry out financial savings and loan activities.
The mission of COPEDU PLC, “its raison d’être”, is to Offer Inclusive Financial Services for the Socio-Economic Development of its Clientele.
The target clientele of COPEDU PLC is made up of small or medium businesses, without distinction. The main target is women who produce, process or operate in the service and trade sector. Specific products are developed to meet their needs and employees are also part of the sought after clientele.
The vision of the COPEDU PLC is to be a benchmark bank for women in Africa. The strategic plan and its execution should be aligned with this vision by enabling the COPEDU PLC to achieve its precise objectives.
The COPEDU PLC occupies an enviable place in the microfinance sector. It is ranked among the best performing microfinance institutions in Rwanda.
To achieve this vision, the COPEDU PLC wishes to recruit a qualified Credit Director with sufficient knowledge:
- JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Under the supervision of the Managing Director, the Credit Director works to increase profitability within the framework of the overall financial policy of the COPEDU PLC through the disbursement of credit and the maintenance of the quality of the portfolio. He oversees the securing and development of the turnover of COPEDU Plc. He must coordinate the department team so that it applies this growth policy and achieves the set objectives:
- Coordinate credit-related activities
- Analyze creditors’ balance sheets to detect any weaknesses that could lead to late payments
- Ensure the quality of the credit portfolio
- Supervise and ensure the effective recovery of credits
- Collaborate with the commercial department in the task of disseminating the credit products offered
- Organize and participate in the credit committee
- Participate in the design of new credit products and the review of existing products
- Increase the profitability of loans
- Ensure the proper management of bank guarantees
- Set up risk assessment tools and carry out forecast studies
- Supervise and supervise the agents of the department
- Set up / Improve and supervise the implementation of the credit and collection policy and procedures
- Propose adjustment of the credit policy manual
- Ensure compliance with the credit procedure and the processing time for credit files
- Ensure that IT tools related to credit management are developed and used in an efficient manner.
- Leadership capacity
- PROFILE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Be between 30 and 45 years old,
- License (A0) in Economics, Finance, Treasury or Management or similar field
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of credit management.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience
- Have a taste for marketing and great ability to mobilize resources
- Knowledge of customer accounting mechanisms and the main balance sheet analysis techniques
- Mastery of IT tools and software used in the field of credit management
- Legal knowledge of contractual areas
- Be perfectly at ease in Kinyarwanda, French and / or English both orally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure
The application file including a letter of application for employment accompanied by the detailed Curriculum Vitae, the copy of the notarized diploma, a passport photo as well as three names of reference persons must be submitted to the headquarters of the COPEDU PLC, no later than Thursday on August 6, 2020.
Done in Kigali on July 30, 2020.
GASHUMBA UWERA Liliane
Chairman of the Board of Directors