MINISTRY OF HEALTH
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Director of Administration and Finance of Kabaya District Hospital at MINISTRY OF HEALTH: (Deadline 13 October 2020)
Key duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Director General of Hospital:
• Review the management report of the various stocks managed at the hospital (printed, material …)
• Review the compliance of products and equipment orders at the hospital.
Prepare documents relating to the Hospital construction or rehabilitation, Check /verify the plan and budget for proposed Hospital construction or rehabilitation.
• Oversee the execution of the construction works in the hospital and ensure regular maintenance
• Analyzing monthly consumption (fuel, water, electricity, telecommunication, office equipment and other supplies) of the hospital.
• Review and analyze requisitions from different services and prepare documents to be submitted to the Management Committee before presenting them to the internal procurement tender committee.
• Review financial reports for various programs for instance RFHP, GF, etc.
• Review the annual report of the hospital (expenses over revenues and forecasts with respect to the execution
• Review the financial reports prepared by the accounting for the donors and the administrative and prepare transmission letters of reporting level.
• Monitor and analyze the reliability and the impact on the affordability of the cost recovery system in place at the hospital. (Check billings, payables, payments, losses etc.
• In consultation with other members of the management committee has to assess the achievement level of the hospital objectives in accordance to the action plan.
• Supervise inventory and keep up to date list of Hospital property (Keep records of all equipment, furniture and equipment, infrastructure, land, money and receivables)
• Control the management and maintenance of hospital vehicles (allow the movement of hospital vehicles and motorcycles) maintenance, repairs, tires purchase, fuel, etc…
• Make monthly balance sheet between consumption and income for ambulances
• Monitor/control the proper use of management tools implemented in hospital vehicles (road booklet, exit permit for vehicles, records of patients transported by ambulances etc.)
• Provide analytical monitoring the use of funds allocated to the hospital by category of donors, and beneficiaries
• Serve as key person in all matters related to internal audit and external audit.
• Make a follow
– up of Memoranda of Understanding with different partners working with the hospital
• Elaboration and update (every year) the internal rules of the hospital and make it monitored regularly
• Participate in the correction and approval of the monthly and annual staff appraisal
• Proceed to resolve conflicts between staff (conflict management)
• Implement measures to sanction for poor performance and staff misconduct
• Correct and check the monthly, quarterly and annual report for activities of different services.
• Management of printed paper and documents, drugs, equipment and investment
1. Qualification and key technical skills & Knowledge required:
A0 in Administration, Business Administration, Hospital Management, Management (with specialization in Finance/ Accounting) with 3 year working experience or A Master Degree in Administration, Business Administration, Hospital Management, Management (with specialization in Finance/ Accounting) with 1 year working experience Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA are an added value
2. Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Knowledge of Rwanda’s financial management standards and procedures;
• Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting;
• Knowledge of Management of Material Resources;
• Knowledge of supply chain management;
• Knowledge of Rwanda Public Financial Law;
• Leadership and management skills;
• Planning and organizational, Budgeting skills;
• Communication skills;
• Strong IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS);
• Time management Skills
• Judgment & Decision making skills;
• Complex Problem solving;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage