Director of HR and Administration at COGEBANQUE PLC: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
I. ABOUT US
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents, and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far.
Cogebanque Plc is proudly one of the leading indigenous banks with about 97% of its shareholders being Rwandese institutions and businessmen. Cogebanque Plc provides a comprehensive range of products and services targeted at Corporate, SMEs, and Retail customers.
To create, maintain, and enhance shareholder value by providing unrivaled financial solutions to our customers.
To be a financial center of excel- lance and a leading provider of innovative financial solutions in Rwanda.
Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Open Communication, Accountability, and Customer orientation.
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At Cogebanque we believe our Employees are the bridge to achieving our business development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with the Bank.
Apart from organizing frequent training, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops for our Employees, we facilitate you to enjoy our wide range of services and products at favorable terms that ultimately could help you achieve your personal goals.
In view of the above, Cogebanque is looking for inspired innovators, self-driven and highly creative personalities to collaborate with the Bank in taking it to the next level of success.
If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you by applying for the below position/s.
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application by applying through this link https://bit.ly/HRAdminCoge by or before 25th September 2020
Job Title and requirements
Position: Director of HR and Administration
Provide leadership for the bank in the development and implementation of strategic Human Resource policies, Organisation Development Programmes and Performance Management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, social sciences, organizational/occupational psychology or closely related field
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management
- 10 years’ experience in Human Resources;
5 years of which at a Senior Management level
in a financial or business context where best
practice in HR will have been demonstrated.
General and Behavioral
- Advanced people skills – leading a large department
- Project management – develop project plans,
coordinate projects complete projects on time
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving and analysis
- Excellent relationship building and networking
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Bank’s Strategic Plans; provide the team with technical advice and trends concerning the people management aspects of the business and compliance with labor laws
- Develop and operationalise the HR and Administration Strategy to define how the directorate will contribute to facilitating the bank to achieve its objectives.
- Plan, develop and manage the implementation of the Annual HR Business Plan and Budget, set benchmarks for implementation of planned projects, evaluate the performance of the plan, taking corrective action if required
Organization design and development
- Review organizational work processes, HR policies, and practices and lead organizational development initiatives and interventions in line with the Bank’s strategic plan
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Bank’s HR systems and processes such as performance management system, talent development mechanisms, and succession planning programmes
Workforce planning and forecasting
- Develop the annual staffing plan, ensuring that resources, skills, and internal capacity are readily available when the business needs them, now and in the future.
Talent resourcing and management
- Define the bank’s talent, in the context of its operating space, vision, mission and strategic objectives
- Oversee the development and implementation of talent management (sourcing, induction, development, and retention) strategies to ensure that the Bank has adequate numbers of qualified and competent staff as required