Director of Mining Cadaster and Licensing Unit at RWANDA MINES, PETROLEUM AND GAS BOARD: (Deadline 7 October 2020)
• Oversee the operations of the Mining Cadastre Unit
• Supervise and manage the country mining cadastre system
• Take overall responsibility for the functioning of the National Mining Repository
• Take overall responsibility for all data in the Mining Cadastre System
• Report and liaise with relevant organizations making the Mining Cadastre Task Group (MCTG).
• Administrate the system based on business changes over time.
• Process applications as outlined by the legal framework as well as the designed FlexiCadastre workflows and Provide application recommandations to CEO
• To supervise and manage mining permits/license database and continuously update management on the status of permits;
• Work closely with mineral statistics section to update general geology and mines database
• Ensure that all license applications, renewals, transfers, relinquishments, extensions, cancellations and produced license reports comply with the legal framework
• Audit actions performed by all Mining Cadastre Users on a daily basis.
• Provide regular reports to Senior Supervisors with respect to Mineral Licensing.
A0 in Mining, Geology,Geography,Geomatics, Surveying & Geomatics Engineering, Geoinformatics and Cartography,
Economics and Development Economics with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree inMining,
Geology,Geography,Geomatics, Surveying & Geomatics Engineering, Geoinformatics and Cartography, Economics
and Development Economics with 1 of working experience.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Good knowledge of government policy on Natural Resources;
– Knowledge of the Natural Resources sector policies and issues;
– High analytical skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer Literate;
– Coordination, planning and organisational skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French; knowledge of all is an advantage.