Director of Operations Services at COGEBANQUE PLC: (Deadline 27 September 2020)
I. ABOUT US
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents, and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far.
Cogebanque is proudly one of the leading indigenous banks in Rwanda with about 97% of its shareholders being Rwandan institutions and businessmen. Cogebanque provides a comprehensive range of products and services targeted at Corporate, SMEs, and retail customers.
To create, maintain, and enhance shareholder value by providing unrivaled financial solutions to our customers.
To be a financial center of excel- lance and a leading provider of innovative financial solutions in Rwanda.
Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Open Communication, Accountability, and Customer orientation.
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At Cogebanque we believe our employees are the bridge to achieving our business development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with the Bank.
Apart from organizing frequent trainings, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops for our employees, we facilitate you to enjoy our wide range of services and products at favorable terms that ultimately could help you achieve your personal goals.
In view of the above, Cogebanque is looking for inspired innovators, self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with the Bank in taking it to the next level of success.
If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you by applying for the below position/s.
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application (Application letter + detailed CV) via email at [email protected] by or before 27th September 2020 marking the subject as “The Job You Are Applying for”. i.e. “Director of Operations Services”
Job Title and requirements
Position: Director of Operations Services
The Operations Services Director will oversee the bank’s operational and support functions i.e. Operations, Digital Banking and Alternative Channels, IT services, and Organisational Methods.
This role takes leadership in building, implementing, and overseeing all of the Bank’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures and will develop, refine, and implement the Operations strategy.
- At least Masters in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Public Administration, Finance, Commerce, Banking or a similar field
- 10 years’ experience in banking operations with at least 5 years at a senior managerial level
- 2-3 years of experience in program management, client services, and digital projects
- Ability to manage projects on tight timelines and synthesize multiple sources of data
- Experience developing web and apps using modern frameworks and cloud technologies will be highly valued.
- Experience in organizing, researching and analyzing client needs
- Good IT skills and background
- Demonstrate the ability to lead complex projects and cross-functional/matrix teams
- Experience in managing and implementing projects at a supervisory level.
- Great organization skillset and a strong analytical mindset
General and Behavioral
- Managing and influencing others
- Excellent oral and written communication
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Good planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving and analysis
- Excellent relationship building and networking
- Cost, project and risk management
- Job responsibilities
- Be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting of business requirements and decision-making processes.
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at the Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Lead the development of the directorate’s strategy.
- Lead in the development of an all-inclusive Operations budget that will ensure a return on investment.
- Establish standards for work-related policies and procedures
- Be accountable for the aggregate planning and delivery of systems, operations, and the general operating model of the Bank.
- Ensure that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from the Executive Management level.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency, and to maximize value for money.
- Build strong relationships with key external. stakeholders, government, suppliers to ensure correct focus and direction for the bank at operations and technology level.
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
- Interact with other bankers and city officials on operational affairs, to help assure compliance with any applicable codes and policies.
Review Performance Improvement reports determining the effectiveness of interventions.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on Executive Management to ensure the correct focus.
- Provide clear direction on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Lead, inspire, and coach a team of high caliber professionals, creating succession to key roles.