Director of Partnerships, Rwanda at Zipline: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Do you spend most of your time thinking about how policy and public sector can be leveraged to bring innovation and economic growth to the Rwanda? Are you passionate about universal healthcare access and believe in technology as a means of leapfrogging? Do you gain energy by collaborating with others and thrive in highly complex environments with stakeholders from all kinds of backgrounds? As the Rwanda Business Development Lead at Zipline, you will have an opportunity to contribute at a national conversation about how innovation in healthcare logistics can continue driving positive change.
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in working with a team to build a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in Rwanda with our government and other stakeholders to continue growing the reach and impact of our drone delivery service.
- Collaborate with a variety of diverse internal teams at Zipline, including Flight Operations, Engineering, Regulatory, and Fulfillment Operations to create new business opportunities.
- Drive company growth into new sectors through stakeholder management, contract negotiation, and customer success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Extensive experience in Rwanda working on Business Development for services that sell to and integrate with the public sector
- A deep passion for expanding access to healthcare to every person on the planet
- Excitement to take extreme ownership over the growth of Zipline Rwanda
- Previous experience starting a business is a plus
- Experience in healthcare or logistics is a plus
- Must have legal right to work in Rwanda
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!